Inserting the implants
First anaesthetise the animal.
Without injector :
- Disinfect the area receiving the implant.
- Make an incision a few mm in width in the skin of the back.
- Using forceps and working in the cranial direction, detach the skin from the fascia over about 2 cm.
- Insert the implant into the resulting pocket.
- Close the incision with a biocompatible staple or a few stitches.
With injector :
- Disinfect the injection area
- Pinch and raise the skin on the back to make a fold.
- Insert the needle at the base of the fold and push it in about 2 cm towards the neck, keeping it parallel with the animal's back
- Press on the injector's piston to eject the implant
- Withdraw the needle carefully, making certain that the implant remains in place